The assessment addresses key aspects of competitive intelligence planning and programs. It will help you determine the current state of your planning, practices and processes. Your answers will indicate specific areas where you may benefit from improvements. And, it will also help guide your decisions about your future needs and investments. Estimated time to complete: Less than 10-minutes.
RECEIVE A FREE ROAI & BREAKEVEN CALCULATOR ($19.99 VALUE)
Join Marketing Connection today and in addition to your FREE ROAI & Breakeven Calculator ($19.99 Vaue), enjoy FREE access to more than 150 sales and marketing apps, tools, checklists, white papers, and ebooks as well as special offers and valuable information and insights that will help you achieve your marketing goals.
Competitive Intelligence for Higher Education
The most effective way to achieve your enrollment goals is to offer your audience a unique, valuable solution to an unmet or under-served want or need - and the best way to accomplish this is with a competitive intelligence program that gives you valuable insight into your competitor's strengths and weaknesses, offerings, and more.
You can customize your competitive intelligence program which can include:
- General institutional information (including: management, accreditation information, enrollment and faculty statistics, organization type, etc.)
- Current and historical financial performance (where available and as it relates to the institutions ability to develop and provide curriculum and services);
- Academic and programmatic information (what does each institution offer, delivery method, curriculum, faculty profiles, etc.);
- Student services (how do they handle student support, financial/scholarships including tuition and fees);
- marketing strategies (including pricing, markets targeted, partnerships and alliances, new or planned products and services); and,
- Marketing communications activities (how do they recruit new students and communicate with existing students);
- Faculty: Current make-up, experience, expertise, etc.
- Human Resources: Benefits, compensation, hiring process, training and development etc.
- Financials:Income statement, Balance sheet, key financial ratios etc.
What you receive
You can choose between a "project", which provides you with a "point in time" perspective OR a "program" which is an on-going competitive intelligence effort that provides you with real-time warning systems, reports and updates. Contact us for details at 651-315-7588.
We gather and analyze the data, then we work with your team to develop practical recommendations that can be implemented and have the greatest potential for success. The final report typically includes:
- A profile of each competitor; an assessment of the competitors and your own institution's strengths and weaknesses along with a ranking of those factors;
- How well each institution is prepared to deal with threats and opportunities within the marketplace;
- Each institution's overall new student acquisition and retention strategies, business and marketing practices,
- Competitive trends; and a financial analysis and comparison.
- Analysis of potential weaknesses in competitor’s strategies and programs that your institution can capitalize on and identify points of vulnerability within your institution's business model,
- Strategies and programs with recommendations for corrective actions that could be undertaken. Additionally, the analysis will include an outlook of the higher education marketplace including trends, opportunities for growth, growth areas, and other factors that may have an impact on your college's business strategies.
- Finally, the analysis will also identify customer perceptions vis-à-vis the marketplace and each of the organizations in the study.
Additional Services Available
- Tuition & Pricing Analysis: Determine the optimal cost of your offering for your audience in your market in order to improve recruitment and retention performance.
- Market Share Research: Learn why you are losing students to competing institutions.
- Positioning Analysis: Determine how to best position your institution in the market for greater success.
Download our Free White Paper
Competitive Intelligence for Higher Education presents a systematic approach to developing and executing a competitive intelligence program for your college or university.